The following support video will guide you how to access and use the Coronavirus COVID-19 template on EMIS Web.
For a summary of all of our Coronavirus COVID-19 resources, please see here.
If you have Resource Publisher, you will have access to this already. If not, you can download this template from the Ardens Portal. This template is free to download and use by anyone.
- Click on the download link above to access the Ardens-QMasters Portal.
- Sign up for an account using an NHS email address (preferably NHS.net)
- Sign in and click "Select" on the right-hand side of your organisation in the 'My organisations' page:
- On the next page, click on the Download COVID-19 Template link.
- Save the file to a secure location (do not open the file, this will only be recognised in EMIS Web).
- Open your EMIS system and navigate to the Template Manager module.
- Ensure the Templates & Protocols tab is selected and select a suitable folder.
- Click on the Import button located on the EMIS ribbon.
- Locate the file and click on Open.
- The template will now be imported to the selected folder.
To access the template:
Once imported the template can be searched for in either of the following ways:
- Click on the Run Template option within a consultation.
- Click on the Add > Data using Template option outside of a consultation
Clicking on either of the options above will display the Template Picker screen. Search for the 'Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) (Ardens)' template using the search box provided or folder navigation pane. Select the template and click on OK.
The template has been broken down by pages on the left-hand side, navigate to the page required. This will provide all of the important information to provide an accurate and efficient assessment of the risks around any suspected case, along with management guidelines.
The Remote Clinical Assessment page - this allows clinical staff to record a remote assessment including self reported observations if the patient has suitable equipment at home. In addition they can record their clinical decision, further actions and safety netting advice.
The Face-to-Face Assessment page - similar to the Remote Clinical Assessment page, this will allow recording of a face-to-face encounter together with observations, clinical decision making and provision of safety netting advice.
The Accessing Breathlessness page - offers guidance on remotely assessing the patient's breathlessness symptoms.
The Review of high risk patients page - use this page to record a review together with key discussion points relevant to these patients. There is a field to record referral to social prescribing service.
The Notification to Public Health page - use this page find you local PHE Health Protection Team and to code you have notified PHE of the case. Please note Ardens also has available a Notification of Infectious Disease form as a EMIS Document Template.
The Frailty Assessment page - use this page to record a Rockwood Frailty score to assist with care planning.
The Care Planning page - this is a condensed version of our Ardens Future Care Planning template, containing key elements relevant to patient wishes regarding their further care. This allows a more rapid recording of those areas during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, a full care plan can still be recorded using the Ardens Future Care Planning template.
The Referral or Treatment Delayed page - use this page if you wish to delay the referral or treatment for the patient due to COVID-19. Please note the Ardens COVID19 searches are available to identify these patients in the future.
The Testing page - allows recording of the outcome of the procedure.
The Admin coding page - allows administration staff to record information from an external source (e.g. discharge summary).
Complete the template using the required fields and ensure you save the information, using the Save Template option.