NHS England amended the Network DES on 17 September and it is important that GP practices and PCNs are aware of what is new (click here to read the full statement).
This support article summaries the changes and explains how Ardens can help GP practices and PCNs deliver these requirements.
Enhanced Health in Care Homes Clinical Lead
The clinical lead for the Enhanced Health in Care Homes service no longer has to be a GP.
Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme (ARRS)
Nursing associates and trainee nursing associates are now included within the ARRS.
Introduction of the Investment and Impact Fund (IIF)
PCNs have already been allocated 27p/weighted patient through the PCN support funding stream and this covers Apr - Sep 2020. The remaining £24.25m funding will be available for PCNs to earn through the new IIF, which will operate in a similar way to QOF (with each indicator allocated a certain number of points). There are six indicators:
- PR01: Percentage of patients aged 65+ on 31 Mar 2021 who have received a seasonal flu vaccination - 72 points, minimum achievement 70%, target for full payment 77%. All activity between 1 Sep 2020 and 31 Mar 2021 included.
- HI01: Percentage of LD patients who have received a LD health check - 47 points, minimum achievement 49%, target for full payment 80%. All patients on LD register as of 31 Mar 2021 are included. All activity between 1 Apr 2020 and 31 Mar 2021 included.
- PC01: Percentage of patients referred to social prescribing - 25 points, minimum achievement 0.4%, target for full payment 0.8%. All activity between 1 Apr 2020 and 31 Mar 2021 included.
- MS01: Percentage of patients aged 65+ prescribed NSAID without gastro-protection - 32 points, minimum achievement 43%, target for full payment 30%.
- MS02: Percentage of patients aged 18+ prescribed oral anti-coagulant and anti-platelet without gastro-protective - 6 points, minimum achievement 40%, target for full payment 25%.
- MS03: Percentage of patients aged 18+ prescribed aspirin and another anti-platelet without gastro-protective -12 points, minimum achievement 42%, target for full payment 25%.
Please note the "MS" indicators are "inverse indicators" and the target is as few patients as possible. Only prescribing between 1 Oct 2020 and 31 Mar 2021 is included.
For 2020/21 each IIF point will be worth £111 and there will be 194 points available to each PCN. Payments are linked to prevalence and unweighted list size on 1 Jan 2021. This means that PCNs with a higher prevalence and/or larger list-size than the national average will receive more funding.
Investment and Impact Fund (IIF) - Ardens Resources
Ardens has developed a suite of resources to help practices and PCNs work towards the IIF requirements and monitor performance at GP practice and PCN level (we may need to revise these when the Business Rules are published).
- The Ardens "IIF Search Suite" includes data-quality reports to check for coding errors, and performance reports to monitor achievement. These searches are in v17.7 of the Ardens Manager National Contract Reports and can be downloaded from the Ardens Portal if you are not already on this version.
- The Ardens Flu resources include advanced reporting and a protocol to record when a vaccine is given using the correct clinical code. Please click here for more information about our 2020 flu resources if you are not already using them.
- The Ardens Learning Disability template will ensure the LD Health check is completed correctly using recognised clinical codes (including coding patients who refuse a health check). The associated searches will ensure all eligible patients are invited. These resources should already be installed in those practices using Ardens. Please view this support article for more information.
These resources should already be installed in those practices using Ardens. Please view this support article for more information.