COVID–19 has caused many changes, particular within the NHS, including GP practices. The virus has highlighted that particular groups of people may be more vulnerable.
Ardens have created a suite of searches and reports to help practices to manage these groups of patients.
To locate the searches navigate to the Population Reporting module > Ardens Searches folder > Ardens Main Searches folder > Ardens – COVID19 Searches folder.
The COVID-19 Searches folder contains four folders.
COVID-19 delayed treatment register
It is important that even during the pandemic that “usual/normal” treatments are not missed. The Ardens toolset includes a COVID-19 template, this allows the end user to code delayed treatment, however as long as the correct codes are added outside of the template, they will be picked up by this search too.
This folder contains an aggregate report that shows any patients who have the delayed treatment code entered into their care record.
The report displays as follows:
- First column of the report shows the patients details
- Second column shows details of the delayed treatment
- Third column shows details to those who have a “discharged from follow-up, follow up arranged or no follow up arranged” code in their care record since April 2020
- Fourth column shows patients who have an open follow-up appointment or the code recorded to show that the patient has follow-up “to return when and if necessary”
This report can be exported into Excel and sorted into the different codes so that patients with no follow-up can be contacted.
**Downs Syndrome, CKD 5 and at risk under 16s
From the 3rd of November 2020, adults with downs syndrome are to be considered part of the extremely vulnerable patients cohort, patients with severe forms of CKD are also at high risk of dangerous side effects from the COVID virus. It is important that these patients are coded as being high risk COVID-19.
It is also recommended that practice check children and young people under 16 who are still on the shielded patient list (SPL) and remove them where appropriate.
This folder includes three folders reporting any patients who fall into the above categories.
Please note - Downs Syndrome, CKD 5 and at risk under 16s folder is being released in V19.3 (November 2020) but will be available to download from the Ardens Portal which can be accessed here.
Patients likely to be frail (Covid-19 planning)
Ardens have created searches on patients likely to be frail so that they can be monitored during the pandemic and that they have a care plan in place.
This folder includes eight searches :
- Palliative Care Register – all currently registered patients who are listed as palliative care but are not coded as not being suitable for palliative care or palliative care is not indicated.
- Severe frailty – all currently registered patients who are listed as being currently severely frail
- Coded as residential/care home resident – all currently registered patients who are coded as currently living in a residential or care home.
- eFI score severe (>0.36) – currently registered patients whose latest eFI is severe
- Moderate frailty – currently registered patients who are currently coded as being moderately frail
- eFI score moderate – currently registered patients whose latest eFI score is moderate
- Age 80+
- Any of the above – an overview of all patients in the searches above.
Each of these searches have a report showing which care plans the patients have in place or if they have declined and the date recorded. This report can be dropped into Excel and used to contact patients who do not have a care plan.
Vulnerable patients by usual GP
This folder contains two searches.
The first search reports on patients who are currently coded as being at high risk of complications if they contract COVID-19.
The report shows the usual GP for these patients, the date the high risk code was added and the reason the patient is high risk. This report allows the GPs to have an overview of patients at risk that they usually see.
The second search reports is similar to the above but reporting on those patients coded at either moderate or low risk.
COVID-19 Document Templates
Ardens have also published the latest shielding letters and other COVID letters. These are also available on the Ardens Portal under COVID-19 Resources.
If you require any further assistance on the process above, please contact Ardens support on: email@example.com.