Dementia forms part of the clinical domains area of QOF.
There are 2 Dementia QOF indicators:
DEM001 – includes patients with a dementia diagnosis.
DEM004 – patients on the dementia register who have had a care plan or care plan reviewed this fiscal year.
A personalised care adjustment (PCA) applies if they meet and have been appropriately coded with the following:
- not responded to 2 invitation codes (invitation codes must be 7 days apart).
- they have been newly diagnosed with dementia in the last 3 months of the fiscal year.
- they have been newly registered at the practice in the last 3 months of the fiscal year.
- they have declined a dementia care plan/review.
- they have a dementia quality unsuitable code recorded this fiscal year.
- they have a dementia quality informed dissent code recorded this fiscal year.
DEM001. The contractor establishes and maintains a register of patients diagnosed with dementia
DEM004. The percentage of patients diagnosed with dementia whose care plan has been reviewed in the preceding 12 months
5 - 70%
Ardens EMIS Resources to support Dementia for QOF
The following templates are available to support staff recording QOF activity for dementia patients.
- Chronic Disease Templates - the Ardens dementia template contains a QOF only page for capturing all the QOF requirements for the current financial year.
- Multi-Morbidity Templates – for patients with multiple long-term conditions and to capture all QOF requirements for all conditions relevant to the specific patient.
The following searches are available to support staff with achieving your QOF dementia indicators.
- Ardens LTC Recall System - a month of birth recall system, designed to recall a patient for multiple QOF conditions at once. These searches will ensure your dementia patients are attending their annual review. Please note, dementia patients will not be included in the main recall searches but are in a separate folder to enable recalling in a way suitable for patients with dementia.
- QOF Misc Searches - includes searches to identify patients that have not had the full elements of their review.
- QOF Indicator Overview Searches – searches to identify outstanding QOF work.
- Case Finders Searches - contains a suite of searches to support practices to identify potential dementia patients missing from your practice QOF register.
- QOF Monitor Dashboard – works with Ardens Manager QOF dashboard to allow a visual of QOF performance in monetary and points values.
The following is an example of real-time alerts available by default to alert practice staff of data quality issues which are affecting the dementia QOF achievement.
If you require any further assistance on the process above, please contact Ardens support on: email@example.com