Ardens has designed Death Documentation resources to allow practices to record details of a deceased patient, audit on activity and electronically complete a cremation form.
Death Documentation Template
Access the Death Documentation template in one of the following ways:
- Click on the Run Template option within the consultation.
- Click on the Add > Data using Template option outside of a consultation.
Clicking on either of the options above will display the Template Picker screen. Search for the 'Death Documentation (Ardens)' template using the search box provided or folder navigation pane. Select the template and click on OK.
The template has been broken down by pages on the left-hand side, navigate to the page required.
- Non-clinical information page - to be used by the administrators to record details of the patient death. This is a quick way of recording the necessary information and a useful prompt for the questions to ask where appropriate.
- Clinical Information page - to be used by clinicians to capture information such as the verification of the death, certification and cremation.
- After Death Analysis page - used to support and review EOL care.
- Coroner Referral - information to support referral to Coroner.
- COVID19 Cremation Regulations - following updated guidance.
- COVID19 Death Certification - following updated guidance.
Complete the template using the required fields and ensure you save the information, using the Save Template option.
Locating and Completing the Cremation Form
Ensure relevant consultations are saved before launching this document template.
Access the document template by clicking on Document > Create Letter within a patient record.
The New Patient Letter screen will display, click on the magnify icon to search for the template.
This will launch the Find Document Templates screen. Search for the 'Crem Form' template using the search box provided or folder navigation pane (this can be found in 'Miscellaneous GP letters+reports' folder within the Ardens National Documents folder). Select the template and click on OK.
The document template will merge the relevant patient information. Use the additional tick boxes and text fields to complete further information.
Once complete, click on the File option to Save and Close to the patient record. Additional options such as 'Print' is available.
Death Documentation Searches
The Ardens Death Documentation searches allows practice staff to report on elements of data captured within the Death Documentation template.
The searches can be located in the Population Reporting module > Ardens Searches > 1.3 Ardens Admin Searches > Death Documentation search folder.
Can not see either of the above templates? Check the templates have been activated in your EMIS system.
If you require any further assistance on the process above, please contact the Ardens Support Team at: email@example.com