Ardens has designed care planning tools to support practice staff in recording accurate data for patient care. The Universal Care Plan Template incorporates all of the national schemes requiring or recommending care planning in one place. Completing the appropriate parts of the template will be updated to the patients electronic record.
In addition to the clinical template, an optional Universal care plan document is available, which extracts all the relevant information, allowing a care plan to be left in the patient's house or shared (with consent) with other agencies and carers as appropriate.
Access the Universal Care Plan Template in one of the following ways:
- Click on the Run Template option within the consultation.
- Click on the Add > Data using Template option outside of a consultation.
Clicking on either of the options above will display the Template Picker screen. Search for the 'Universal Care Plan Template (Ardens)' template using the search box provided or folder navigation pane. Select the template and click on OK.
The template has been broken down by pages on the left-hand side, navigate to the page required.
- Patient Information page - includes fields to record residential status, home access information, case management details and next of kin.
- Consent and Legal issues page - includes fields to update consent status for the patient and record legal information.
- Disability + Frailty page - includes fields to update the Rockwood frailty scale for frail patients and disability and communication details.
- Advanced Care Planning page - contains key elements relevant to patient wishes regarding their further care.
- Record Type of Care Plan page - options to record the type of care plan created.
Complete the template using the required fields and ensure you save the information, using the Save Template option.
Access the Universal Care Plan
Ensure your consultation is saved if using the Universal Care Plan Template above, before launching this document template.
Access the document template by clicking on Document > Create Letter.
The New Patient Letter screen will display, click on the magnify glass to search for the template.
This will launch the Find Document Templates screen. Search for the 'Universal Care Plan ' template using the search box provided or folder navigation pane (this can be found in 'Misc' folder within the Ardens docs folder). Select the template and click on OK.
The document template will merge the relevant patient information. Use the additional tick boxes and text fields to complete further information.
Once complete, click on the File option, then Save and Close to save to the patient record. Additional options such as 'Print' is available.
Can not see either of the above templates? Check the templates have been activated in your EMIS system.
If you require any further assistance on the process above, please contact Ardens support on: firstname.lastname@example.org