Ardens has developed a number of resources to support practices achieving the Network Contract DES requirements for 2023/24. The following support article outlines different searches available to support the latest requirements.
Disclaimer: The Ardens National Contract Reports (including QOF, NCD, SMI, NHS HC) are to be used purely as an indicative guide for practices for practical purposes. They are not intended to replace the national reports. Whilst they are based on the business rules, they do not accurately reflect every rule.
To access the searches, navigate to the Population Reporting module > Ardens Searches > 5.32 Contracts - Network DES (23-24) folder.
This folder is broken down by sub folders for each area of the Network Contract DES for the current financial year.
a. Investment and Impact Fund (IIF)
This folder supports practices with the IIF requirements and is broken down by the following sub-folders:
The Work done folder will report on the IIF activity achieved.
The Work to do folder will identify outstanding work:
- The inequalities search will identify Learning Disability patients aged 14 and over who require a health check and an action plan as this has not been recorded this fiscal year, and they require ethnicity to be recorded.
- The vaccination searches identify the required cohort of patients who will need a flu vaccine during the flu season.
Please note, there are no Work to do searches for Cancer as the FIT test needs to be done in the 21 days before referral. However you may wish to use the Population Excluded list for those you have missed to identify the reason as this may be a training issue.
The Data Quality folder contains further searches to support practices with identifying incorrect coding and missing data for the IIF requirements.
- The ?Record exception (rectal or anal mass/ulcer) search will identify patients who have had a LGI 2WW referral but not had a FIT test. You may wish to check to see if these patients have a recording of rectal or anal mass/ulcer but have not been coded using one of the codes acceptable for IIF. The following codes are the correct IIF codes which will automatically exclude patients from this indicator:
- The cancer searches will identify potential duplicate lower GI 2ww referrals and either incorrect qFIT codes or if the qFIT has been recorded after the referral.
- The inequalities searches are identifying patients where either ethnicity, annual review or action plan have been completed but not all three. They will also highlight if the action plan has been completed before the annual review (this needs to be recorded on or after the annual review).
b. Service Requirements (no specific targets)
This folder supports practices with the different service requirements included in the Network Contract DES. Each service requirement is broken down by sub folder:
Depending on the searches we can provide, the sub folders may vary by work done (achievement), work to do (outstanding work) and data quality (incorrect / missing requirement).
For further information on the use of the service requirements searches, please see the following support article.
This folder supports practices with the monitoring of the ARRS roles as per the workforce requirements of the Network Contract DES.
The searches will identify consultations done by the user type to determine the encounter by the ARRS role.
We advise practices not to use this folder, these are mainly searches used to be built upon the searches in the main search folders of Network DES.
When running searches, if you want the results to reflect how you are doing now, select Run > Yes. However, if you want the results to reflect how you are doing as of the end of the fiscal year, select Run > Advanced Options > 31/3/24 > Yes.
If you require any further assistance on the process above, please contact Ardens support on: firstname.lastname@example.org