Ardens has created electronic versions of the most common Cervical Smear Letters to support practices in saving time recalling patients. These letters can be sent on an individual patient basis or as part of a Mail Merge from Population Reporting module.
The available Cervical Smear Letters include:
- Ceasing from Cervical Screening Programme
- Ceasing from Cervical Screening Programme – Mental Capacity Act
- Cervical Screening Programme Deferral
- Informed consent for withdrawal from the Cervical Screening Programme
- Screening – Cervical Smear Disclaimer Letter to Patient
- Screening – Cervical Smear DNA Letter to Patient
- Screening – Cervical Smear GP Disclaimer
- Screening – Cervical Smear Overdue Letter to Patient
- Screening – Cervical Smear Reinstate Screening
- Smear Invitation letter 1
- Smear Invitation letter 2
- Smear Invitation letter 3
To access the Cervical Smear Template letters, access the relevant patient record:
- Within a consultation, select the Documents > Create letter option.
- Outside of a consultation, select the Add > Document > Create letter option.
This will display the New Patient Letter screen.
Click on the magnify glass icon to search for the relevant document template.
This will display the Find Document Templates screen.
Search for the document template using the search box provided (alternatively select the Shared > Ardens National Documents folder for RP sites or Ardens Docs folder for Template Manager sites, within the folder navigation pane).
Double click on the relevant document to launch.
The following example shows the Smear Invitation letter 1. Once open the document will include your practice address details along with your patients details.
Once you have completed, click on the File option to the left of the screen to print and save back to the patient record. Please be aware the Cervical Smear 1st, 2nd and 3rd letter will also code this directly into your patients EMIS record.
Once the document has been saved to the patient record, if you wish to email the document, select the Documents tab of the patient record.
Double click on the relevant document to open.
If you are using Microsoft Outlook, click on the Send > via Email option to attach the document to an outlook email.
If you are not using Microsoft Outlook, click on the Export button to save the document to a secure location. This can then be picked up as an attachment for your email.
If you require any further assistance on the process above, please contact Ardens support on: email@example.com