System C, forms part of the Ardens LTC Recall System and facilitates the increasing way reviews are being completed by clinic rather then per condition. It will allow practices to invite patients for combined clinics such as Diabetes, Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Mental Health.
It is important you have first read the introduction support article to understand the differences between each system and to remove the systems you will not be using to save on any confusion.
Locating the Searches
We recommend running and actioning folders 2.04 Review coding and 5. Data Quality within the 2. Detailed Review Searches folder before running your monthly invitation searches, to ensure all coding is accurate and prevent inviting patients unnecessarily for a review. Further information on these search folders can be found here.
To access the searches navigate to the Population Reporting module > Ardens Searches > 1.10 LTC Reviews - LTC Recalls > 1. [System C] Invitations - Clinics folder.
Structure of Search folder
The system C folder will be broken down by:
- 1st Invitations - a list of patients that are due a first invitation.
- 2nd Invitations - patients that have been sent a first invitation more than 7 days and are due a second invitation.
- Vulnerable Patients - dementia, housebound, EOL, care home and learning disability patients will not appear in the above folders. This search folder will include separate searches to help manage the recalling for these patients.
The 1st and 2nd invitation folders will be further split down by clinic:
- a) Diabetes Clinic (includes cardiovascular) - this folder will recall Diabetic patients only (regardless of the other conditions they may have). Patients attending the Diabetic clinic will also meet the QOF requirements for cardiovascular.
- b) Cardiovascular/NDH Clinic (excludes diabetes) - this folder will recall all patients with a cardiovascular disease (CHD, heart failure, PAD, CVA/TIA, Hypertension and AF) and/or pre-diabetic patients requiring a review. Diabetic patients will be excluded from this search as their cardiovascular requirements would be picked up in the Diabetic clinic. Please note that NDH is included in this cohort as only a blood test is required for QOF purposes which will picked up in this clinic or the Diabetes clinic, reducing the number of visits for the patient.
- c) Respiratory Clinic - this folder will recall patients with a respiratory condition requiring a review (regardless of the other conditions they may have). Note that patients appearing in folders a and b, may also appear in this folder if they have a respiratory condition.
- d) Mental Health Clinic - this folder will recall patients with a mental health condition requiring a review (regardless of the other conditions they may have). Note that patients appearing in folders a, b and c may also appear in this folder if they have a Mental Health condition.
Running the Searches
We recommend each clinic folder is run separately. Right click on the folder and click Run.
This will display the 'Run' box. Click on Yes to continue.
The Run Parameters box will display.
Ensure the date parameters are set as follows and specify which month of birth you wish to invite in.
Please note - do not add a fix date as this will return 0 results.
Click OK once complete.
Sending 1st Invitations
Once the searches have been run, expand the 1st Invitations (Recall Month) search folder.
Each folder will contain a a) Send 1st Invitations (Recall Month) folder containing the following search structure:
The first search will display the total number of patients born in the chosen birth month (or have a recall arranged code added) that require a 1st invitation to be sent.
The searches are further broken down by contact method:
- 1. Send 1st Invitation: SMS - will display patients with a mobile number on their record and have not declined contract by SMS. Patients can be sent a text.
- 2. Send 1st Invitation: Email - will display patients that do not have a mobile phone number recorded or have declined SMS, but they do have an email address and have consented for emailing. Patients can be sent an email.
- 3. Send 1st Invitation: Post - will display patients that have neither of the above contact methods or have declined. Patients to be sent a letter. Please ensure you look at the following support article if using the Ardens Recall Letters before coding.
Each search will include an associated report which you may wish to export and use for 3rd party messaging platforms such as Accurx.
Invite the patients accordingly.
Once the patients have been sent, an invitation code needs to be applied for each one of the patient's conditions. The b) Code 1st Invitations folder will allow you to batch add the invitation codes.
Select the searches one by one and click on the Batch Add icon on the ribbon to batch add the codes stated on the search title.
Please note - the 'Conditions without QOF annual review' folder will allow you to optionally code invitations for conditions that are register only and do not require additional QOF review elements to be completed.
Sending 2nd Invitations
To run the searches for 2nd invites, right click on the relevant invitation folder and select Run.
The Run box will display. Click Yes to continue.
The Run Parameters box will display.
Select a timeframe of your choice and this will return all patients that have been sent a 1st invitation in the specified timeframe that have outstanding reviews.
Click OK to run the searches once complete.
The 2nd Invitation folder works similar to the 1st invitation folder, use the send and code folders to invite patients and code accordingly.
Please note - the 2nd invitation codes will be different to the 1st invitation codes.