Ardens has created a wide range of clinical templates to assist with data entry for a variety of clinical areas.
The available Ear, Nose and Throat Templates include:
- Anosmia - this template facilitates the full documentation of loss of smell in a patient, including history, examination, management, referrals and follow up.
- Ear irrigation and microsuction - the Ear Irrigation and microsuction template assists with the recording of all information normally gathered when a patient presents for ear irrigation. This includes history, examination, risks and consent, as well as procedure and patient education.
- Glue ear - a template to allow recording of history, examination, management and referral for patients with glue ear.
- Hearing Loss - the Ardens Hearing Loss template refers to adults only, and enables the recording of full details in the patient record, including considerations relating to immediate, urgent or routine onward referrals.
- Otitis externa - history, symptoms and examination details can be recorded on this template, as well as diagnosis, management plan and referrals.
- Otitis media - this template allows full presentation details to be recorded, as well as management plan, prescribing, referrals, follow-up and safety netting.
- Rhinitis template - this template allows for the noting of history, examination findings, investigations and management of the condition, as well as any onward referral. There are several links to resources, both for patients and for healthcare professionals.
- Sinusitis - the condition of sinusitis is defined in this template, which allows the user to fully document the patient’s history and symptoms, along with management plan and referrals.
- Sore Throat - Acute - this template allows the user to record the assessment of patients who present with acute sore throat symptoms. This template has links to Government guidance on Scarlet Fever and Invasive Group A Strep, and a link to the NHSE GAS Interim Clinical Guidance December 2022. There is a section on the Management page to record suspected scarlet fever and related details. For information, Ardens has also created a Fever in Child under 5 years template.
The Ear, Nose and Throat templates are located in the Ardens Live Toolset > Consultation Templates folder.
They may be accessed within the patient record in one of the following ways:
- Click on the Run Template option within the consultation.
- Click on the Add > Data using Template option outside of a consultation.
Clicking on either of the options above will display the Template Picker screen.
Search for the template you require using search box provided or via the navigation pane. Select the template and click on OK.
Alternatively, you can launch the template using the Template Launcher (All Template Launcher or zTemplate launcher: Ear, Nose and Throat protocols).
Once you have launched the template. Complete the template using the required fields and ensure you save the information, using the Save option.
If using the template via the Run Template option within an open consultation, you will also need to click Save to save the consultation.
If you require any further assistance on the process above, please contact Ardens support on: