Ardens has created a wide range of templates to assist with data entry for a variety of clinical areas.
The Evidence-Based Interventions (EBI) Programme is a clinical initiative led by the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges (AoMRC) in partnership with NHS England, as well as NHS Clinical Commissioners and the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence.
The aim of the EBI programme is to improve the quality of care being offered to patients by reducing unnecessary interventions and preventing avoidable harm. In addition, by only offering interventions on the NHS that are evidence-based and appropriate, the programme frees up resources that can be put to use elsewhere in the NHS.
The available Ardens EBI Templates include:
- EBI – Adult snoring surgery (not OSA) - as well as providing a link to the NHSE guidance on EBI, this template provides a range of treatment options for simple snoring, with the aim of avoiding an inappropriate referral.
- EBI – Arthroscopic shoulder decompression - this template outlines the NHSE Guidance and recommendations for arthroscopic sub-acromial decompression. Other treatment options are referenced, as well as referral criteria. A referral to arthroscopy service may be recorded along with the indication that the referral criteria have been met.
- EBI – Breast reduction - the NHSE EBI recommendations for breast reduction are outlined in this template, along with criteria for eligibility for NHS treatment.
The EBI templates are located in the Ardens Live Toolset > Consultation Templates folder.
They may be accessed within the patient record in one of the following ways:
- Click on the Run Template option within the consultation.
- Click on the Add > Data using Template option outside of a consultation.
Clicking on either of the options above will display the Template Picker screen.
Search for the template you require using the search box provided or via the navigation pane. Select the template and click on OK.
Alternatively, you can launch the template using the Template Launcher (All Template Launcher or zTemplate launcher: Other - EBI protocols).
Once you have launched the template. Complete the template using the required fields and ensure you save the information, using the Save option.
If using the template via the Run Template option within an open consultation, you will also need to click Save to save the consultation.
If you require any further assistance on the process above, please contact Ardens support on: email@example.com