Ardens has designed a wide range of clinical templates to assist with data entry for a variety of clinical areas.
The available Mental Health Templates include:
- ADHD - the ADHD template assists with the recording of diagnosis and review information. There are specific pages to record the management of either suspected or confirmed ADHD, as well as any referrals that may be needed.
- Anxiety - this template allows the user to update a patient record with history and examination details for generalised anxiety disorder, including management advice and treatment.
- Autism - the Autism template is used to record history and risk factors for adults or children presenting with the condition. A link to the AQ-10 questionnaire is included and full details of reviews, plans and referrals can be noted.
- Autism Health check (PILOT) - this template was created following a request from NHSE. It is for use with patients who have a known diagnosis of Autism, and only for use in certain areas as designated by NHSE.
- Community Outreach - the Community Outreach template helps to record both clinical and social information for vulnerable patients who may need support with their mental health. It includes three recommended PROMs (Patient Reported Outcome Measures) – DIALOG, Goals Based Outcomes (GBO) and ReQoL-10.
- Conduct Disorder - this template provides an option for a quick data entry tool for a patient presenting with suspected conduct disorder in a child or young person. For a more comprehensive consultation the template provides pages to record history, safeguarding considerations and medical examination. There are links and data entry fields to add results for the SDQ questionnaire, a page to record management plans, any signposting or advice that has been offered or referrals made.
- Eating Disorders - this template allows the clinician to record a variety of symptoms and then to conduct a risk assessment using MEED (Medical Emergencies in Eating Disorders). Red flags and safety netting can be recorded, as well as any onward referrals to other services.
- Mental Capacity Assessment - based on the principles of the Mental Capacity Act, 2005, this template allows a clinician to record the determination of a patient’s capacity and then to note key factors to be considered when working out the best interests of the patient.
- MMSE - the Mini Mental State Examination template lists the 30 questions that are used to measure cognitive impairment, particularly when screening for Dementia. The test can be used over time to measure the progression and severity of a patient’s condition.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - all history and lifestyle information for a patient with OCD can be recorded on this template, as well as treatment options and medication.
- Personality Disorder - the diagnosis of a personality disorder would normally be made in secondary care following thorough assessment, however this template provides sections to record data around history, suicide risk assessment, lifestyle, management of the condition and referrals made.
- Self-harm - the Self-harm template is designed for adults over 18 years of age, to record risk assessments for depression, anxiety or suicide, assessment of mental capacity, and advice and support offered. Referrals and follow-up safety netting can also be recorded.
- SMI6 Core Physical Health Check Elements (RP only) - this template lists the 6 core elements of the physical health check for patients with SMI. It allows the user to see if these elements have been recorded or not in the last 12 months, as well as the ability to input data. It is also possible to record that an annual check has been completed.
The Mental Health templates are located in the Ardens Live Toolset > Consultation Templates folder.
They may be accessed within the patient record in one of the following ways:
- Click on the Run Template option within the consultation.
- Click on the Add > Data using Template option outside of a consultation.
Clicking on either of the options above will display the Template Picker screen.
Search for the template you require using the search box provided or via the navigation pane. Select the template and click on OK.
Alternatively, you can launch the template using the Template Launcher (All Template Launcher or zTemplate launcher: Mental Health protocols).
Once you have launched the template. Complete the template using the required fields and ensure you save the information, using the Save option.
If using the template via the Run Template option within an open consultation, you will also need to click Save to save the consultation.
If you require any further assistance on the process above, please contact Ardens support on: firstname.lastname@example.org