Ardens has created a wide range of clinical templates to assist with data entry for a variety of clinical areas.
The available Contraception + Coil Templates include:
- Contraception This template allows the user to make appropriate contraception choices for patients by formulating and documenting a risk assessment in accordance with The UK Medical Eligibility Criteria (UK MEC). Lifestyle and sexual health/screening details can be recorded, and there are pages to review Gillick Competence and Fraser Guidelines, in addition to a Child Sexual Exploitation Checklist.
- Implant Template The Implant Template facilitates the documentation of a risk assessment for contraceptive implants based on medical and contraceptive history and in accordance with the UK Medical Eligibility Criteria (UK MEC). Insertion and removal procedures can be detailed, as well as examination findings, advice given and any onward referral for an impalpable implant. There are also pages to review Gillick Competence and Fraser Guidelines, in addition to a Child Sexual Exploitation Checklist.
- IUC Coil Template The IUC Coil template is used to record details and history relating to the use of intrauterine contraceptive (IUC) methods.
The Contraception + Coil templates are located in the Ardens Live Toolset > Consultation Templates folder.
They may be accessed within the patient record in one of the following ways:
- Click on the Run Template option within the consultation.
- Click on the Add > Data using Template option outside of a consultation.
Clicking on either of the options above will display the Template Picker screen.
Search for the template you require using search box provided or via the navigation pane. Select the template and click on OK.
Alternatively, you can launch the template using the Template Launcher (All Template Launcher or zTemplate launcher: Contraception protocols).
Once you have launched the template. Complete the template using the required fields and ensure you save the information, using the Save option.
If using the template via the Run Template option within an open consultation, you will also need to click Save to save the consultation.
If you require any further assistance on the process above, please contact Ardens support on: