Ardens has developed a suite of Learning Disability resources to support practices with the management of the condition, including the requirements needed for QOF and the Network Contract DES.
Recording Information on the Management of Learning Disability Patients
The Ardens Learning Disability Template will ensure the Learning Disability Health Check is correctly completed with the recognised national codes.
Access the Learning Disability template in one of the following ways:
- Click on the Run Template option within the consultation.
- Click on the Add > Data using Template option outside of a consultation.
Clicking on either of the options above will display the Template Picker screen. Search for the 'Learning Disability' template using the search box provided or folder navigation pane. Select the template and click on OK.
The template has been broken down by pages on the left-hand side, navigate to the page required.
The Learning Disability templates supports QOF and National DES Contracts as follows:
The Condition page includes the correct Learning Disability diagnosis codes to add the patient to the register:
For the purpose of Network DES, the Coding-Health Check done page includes the correct codes to record a LD health check and action plan have been completed or in some cases declined:
The Medication/Immunisations page provides options to complete a medication review has been done or to specify inappropriate medication has been stopped. Further information for STOMP is available by clicking on the hyperlink:
Options to record the need of and type of reasonable adjustments can be found within the Hearing/Vision/Communication page:
Further pages on the left-hand side supports annual health check requirements.
Complete the template using the required fields and ensure you save the information, using the Save Template option.
Learning Disability Searches
The following Ardens searches have been created to support practices with the Learning Disability requirements:
- Learning Disability Searches - searches to support practices with the management of Learning Disability patients, and indicates where certain elements of the review is incomplete.
- Ethnicity Reports for LD Patients – searches to identify patients on the LD register with missing and incorrect ethnicity codes.
- Additional LTC Recall Searches- includes searches to recall LD patients for their annual reviews by month-of-birth.
- Ardens Case Finders - contains a suite of searches to support practices to improve data quality and ensure QOF payments are correctly calculated.
- Network Contract DES Searches – searches to support practices with the monitoring achievement of the LD health check indicator.
Ardens Learning Disability Document Templates
Ardens has made available document templates useful for your Learning Disability patients:
- Learning Disability Data Gathering Form - form to aid data collection when visiting your Learning Disability patients, but the clinician does not have access to EMIS Web.
- Learning Disability Invitation Letter - letter to support practices when inviting LD patients for a health check.
- Learning Disability Health Action Plans – choice of documents to support practices with generating a care plan for your LD patients.
To locate the templates, click Document > Create Letter (the Document option can be found within or outside a consultation). Click on the find icon located on the right hand side of the New Patient Letter dialogue, to search for the document if you have not previously accessed it.
Use the search box to locate the required document template (alternatively use the folder navigation pane). Select the document and click OK to open: