Atrial fibrillation (AF) is an irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. AF is included in QOF and it is important practices are recording activity for this purpose and for patient care.
To make recording and searching this information easier, Ardens has created various AF resources. The following support article will outline what is available.
Recording Information on the Management of AF Patients
The Ardens Atrial Fibrillation template has been designed to standardise consultations, ensuring clinicians are following the same national guidelines and recording accurate coding of data.
To locate the Ardens Atrial Fibrillation Template, access the relevant patient record. Open a new consultation and select the Run Template option (if not in consultations, click on the Add button on the EMIS ribbon, followed by Data Using Template option).
This will open the Template Picker screen. If you have accessed any templates before, these will display to the left of the screen. Search for the template by typing “AF” in the search box.
This will return the Atrial Fibrillation (Ardens) template (alternatively select the Ardens > Chronic disease templates folder to the right of the screen).
All of the Ardens Chronic Disease Templates following the latest NICE guidance and best practice information. They include a QOF page for capturing QOF requirements and Review pages to complete a structured review.
Any information displayed in red relates to payment purposes such as QOF, Network Contract DES or local payment. Please note - if the information is relevant for the current financial year you do not need to duplicate this information.
The template also includes guidance on the initial diagnosis, referral, management guidelines and the patient resources page with access to useful links for patient information.
The Review and Recall page enables users to code they have completed a AF annual review or Interim review.
Please note – for patients presenting with multiple long term conditions, you may wish to use the Ardens Multi-Morbidity templates.
Ardens AF Searches
There are various searches that might be useful for the management of AF patients:
- Medication Related Searches – include searches to check patients are receiving the care expected and making sure that vulnerable patients are not missed.
- Prescribing Monitoring Searches - drug monitoring searches to ensure the correct tests are completed.
- Chronic Disease Risk Stratification Searches - searches to help practices focus on chronic disease reviews on higher risk patients and to pro-actively prioritise patients.
- Condition Reports - a suite of searches to help practices monitor activity, alerts, case finders, performance indicators and register information for various conditions.
- Ardens Case Finders - contains a suite of searches to support practices to improve data quality and ensure QOF payments are correctly calculated for your AF patients.
- Network Contract DES (NCD) Searches - searches to support practices achieving the Network Contract DES requirements.
Other Useful Areas
Ardens LTC Recall System
Ardens Diary Recall System
If you require any further assistance on the process above, please contact Ardens support on: email@example.com