Ardens has created a variety of resources to assist with identifying patients who may have CHD, and to support their ongoing management once diagnosed.
Recording Information on the Management of Patients with Coronary Heart Disease
The Ardens 'Coronary Heart Disease' clinical template has been designed to standardise consultations, ensuring clinicians are following the latest national guidelines and recording accurate coding of data.
To locate the Ardens CHD Template, access the relevant patient record. Open a new consultation and select the Run Template option (if not in consultations, click on the Add button on the EMIS ribbon, followed by Data Using Template option).
This will open the Template Picker screen. If you have accessed any templates before, these will display to the left of the screen. Search for the template by typing “chd” in the search box.
This will return the Coronary Heart Disease - CHD (Ardens) template (alternatively select the Ardens > Chronic disease templates folder to the right of the screen).
All the Ardens Chronic Disease Templates follow the latest NICE guidance and best practice information. They include a QOF page for capturing QOF requirements and review pages to complete a structured review.
Any information displayed in red relates to payment purposes such as QOF, PCN DES or local payment. Please note - if the information is relevant for the current financial year, you do not need to duplicate this information.
For clinicians requiring to complete a full review, the Review and Screening pages should be used. These pages include contract requirements and best practice information. The hyperlinks will direct you to useful external websites.
The Investigations page displays information and data entry fields for initial investigations and annual monitoring investigations.
The Management – Stable angina and Management – After MI pages contain NICE guidance for ongoing monitoring of these patients with sections to record data around medication, secondary prevention, lifestyle and social care needs.
The Review and Recall page enables users to code that you have completed a Coronary heart disease annual review. For patients requiring an interim review (e.g. after starting the patient on new medication), completing the ‘CHD monitoring’ field and entering a future date, will trigger the Ardens Diary Recall System. For more information please see the following support article.
The template contains many helpful links and information including links to NICE guidance and leaflets for your patients within the Resources page.
Please note – for patients presenting with multiple long-term conditions, you may wish to use the Multi-Morbidity Templates.
Equipment Loan Template
If you wish to loan a BP machine to your CHD patients for them to monitor their BP at home. Ardens has provided a template to easily manage the loan and return of the equipment within the practice.
For more information, please see our dedicated support article.
Ardens Home BP alert
If you have requested your CHD patient monitors their BP at home, the Ardens resources includes an alert in the pink box to alert if the patients latest home BP is out of target:
Hovering over the alert will display the date and value.
Ardens Clinical Safety Alerts
The Ardens resources includes Clinical Safety alerts to flag important MHRA drug safety and NICE guidance information that may be missed. The alerts are triggered on certain activity in the patient record e.g. entering a particular code or prescribing specific drugs.
A clinical safety alert will be triggered if your CHD patient has recently been issued Warfarin and you are issuing Miconazole. The following information will be displayed:
Ardens CHD Searches
There are various searches that might be useful to support practices with the care of CHD patients:
- Ardens LTC Recall System - a month of birth recall system, designed to recall a patient for multiple QOF conditions at once.
- Additional LTC Recall Searches - includes searches useful for CHD patients.
- Diary Recall System - allows practice staff to easily manage diary recalls for blood tests, injections, procedures, and follow-ups.
- Medication Related Searches - medication related searches to support practices with identifying patients on medication that may need extra care or monitoring.
- Ardens Case Finders - contains a suite of searches to support practices to improve data quality and ensure QOF payments are correctly calculated.
- Ardens Condition Reports - contains a suite of searches which enables practices to monitor Cardiovascular activity for last month, be alerted to potential safety issues and areas of best practice that has not been completed.
- IIF - Cardiovascular Disease Prevention (CVD) – searches to support practices monitoring achievement for this area and outstanding work to do.
Home Blood Pressure Diary Document
Ardens has provided a Home Blood Pressure Diary document template.
To access the Document Templates:
- Within a consultation, select the Documents > Create letter option.
- Outside of a consultation, select the Add > Document > Create letter option.
This will display the New Patient letter screen.
Click on the magnify glass to search for the document template.
This will display the Find Document Templates screen.
Search for the Home Blood Pressure document template using the search box provided, select the relevant document template and click on OK to launch (alternatively double click on the document to open):
This can be printed for the patient for them to complete at home.
If you require any further assistance on the process above, please contact Ardens support on: firstname.lastname@example.org